Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-32 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Katemas etc - reply to Ken

From: R.Jones@mirinz.org.nz
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 1996 12:06 +1200
Subject: Katemas etc - reply to Ken
To: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net
Sender: owner-love-hounds

     Greetings to all on this day. I wish to give a big thank you to Graham
     Dombkins for the great Katemas party held at his house in Wollongong
     on Sunday -thanks Graham - Wow has he got a collection of Kate stuff!.
     I was also impressed by the 'Graham and Tori' picture on your wall.
     Thanks also to Stephen, Sarah and Leigh for the great train trip there
     and back from Sydney.

     OK, here's a challenge. I travelled 2400 km each way to my Katemas
     party. Can anyone beat that? (surely someone crossed the Atlantic??).

     Ken asks if Kate ever came to NZ. Yes she did Ken, but it was nothing
     to do with the Tour of Life. She was over here in 1978 on a
     promotional tour (Kick Inside I think). I know she was signing albums
     in a record store in Queen Street(Auckland) and sang Hammer Horror on
     national tv (although I can't remember the program, maybe it was the
     Grunt Machine/Ready to Roll or whatever the local pops program of the
     day was called???) -hope this helps.

     Rhys