Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-32 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Non-KT, Karen's Travel Advisory

From: kln@a.crl.com
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 1996 12:48:59 -0700
Subject: Non-KT, Karen's Travel Advisory
To: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net
Sender: owner-love-hounds

7/29:

A note for those of you traveling in the next few weeks.  My flight to St. Louis
was cancelled this morning and I was unable to get onto another flight or get a
voucher for another airline in time to board.  I had to cancel my business trip.

There were several hundred people in line at every airline counter in San
Francisco, and I'd say close to 1,000 in line at TWA (I started counting out of
boredom.)  Take your worst Christmas airport nightmare and raise it to the power
of ten.

Go to the airport as many hours early as you can.  ALL airlines are having
flight cancellations -- my boss could only get from the east coast to the west
coast yesterday and is trying right now to get a flight into San Francisco.

Leave early, travel light, carry extra patience with you -- they are only trying
to keep people safe.

Karen  kln@a.crl.com