Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-32 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: "Love is a battlefield"

From: jimbob@mis.ca (Robert Matthews)
Date: Sun, 28 Jul 1996 16:24:48 -0400
Subject: Re: "Love is a battlefield"
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: owner-love-hounds

In article <31FC1B8C.4D6D@nada.kth.se>, f95-dsi@nada.kth.se (Daniel
Sindahl) wrote:

> Hi all!
>
> I just saw a TV-commercial for a CD-set, I think
> it was called "Burning Heart". At the end of the
> ad there was a soundclip with someone saying/singing
> "Love is a battlefield" with a voice that imho
> sounds very similar to Kates. Is there a song by
> Kate with this line? Or did I just hear what I
> wanted to hear? :)

     It's certain to be Pat Benatar, who has a song called "Love is a
Battlefield." And, ironically, she did a cover version of Kate's
"Wuthering Heights". Can't hold a candle to the original, of course.

Robert Matthews
--
jimbob@mis.ca

Really Useful Information, Part 87:

"A drop of cassia oil in a mixture of lemon and limeade
produces a taste resembling Coca-Cola."
                                  --Edwin T. Morris, "Fragrance"