Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-32 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Unsubscribing Problems

From: nbuchwa1@ix.netcom.com (WillWriteForFood)
Date: Sun, 28 Jul 1996 18:34:20 GMT
To: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: owner-love-hounds

Hi everybody.  I emailed Bill a few months ago, but I never got a
response, and I need to state it here again.

Last Fall, I was working on my thesis at my father's office.  I did
not have an internet account then, I was using my father's when I took
breaks.  CSUN's newsreader was very poor and often crashed, so I
subscribed to the Lovehounds mailing list.

Last January, I got my own internet account, and now I haven't stepped
in my father's office since March.  I must've sent at least a dozen
unsubscribe requests as described in the Lovehounds FAQ.  But the
daily digests (and fortunately, they are daily digests at least) keep
coming.  My father has been rather upset about this.

Six months later and my father's email address is still being clogged
with Lovehounds digests.  Since he read his email only two times a
week at school, he has been rather frustrated it.  Now, it's summer,
he hardly ever taps into his account, and he'll also be on sabbattical
this Fall, and he'll now be unable to get email by friends because his
mailbox is crammed with Lovehounds digests.

PLEASE:  somebody out there, unsubscribe me from my father's email
address!

The address was this:  jbuchwald@huey.csun.edu   Could also be:
Norman Buchwald (jbuchwald@huey.csun.edu).

Since I'm now unable to make the Lovehounds gathering, could somebody
there (at San Fran) encourage Bill Wisner to check into it?  (Karen?)
:)

Norman