Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-31 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Happy Rhodes .wav files

From: Philip.Sainty@comp.vuw.ac.nz (Philip Sainty)
Date: 26 Jul 1996 01:35:50 GMT
Subject: Re: Happy Rhodes .wav files
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa, alt.music.ecto
Sender: owner-love-hounds

In article <Pine.SOL.3.91.960723214740.21949G-100000@eros.ccs.deakin.edu.au>,
David Hyland <djh@deakin.edu.au> wrote:
>Also, which album would you recommend as a first Happy album?  (My fave
>Kate album is Hounds of Love)...

I'm always worried I'll suggest the wrong one, but.... :)

I think "Ecto" may be a good first album for people whose favourite
Kate album is HoL/TNW (bearing in mind that Happy's budget was rather
less than Kate's :)

"Warpaint" is possibly my favourite Happy album, and "RhodeSongs"
would likely be a good choice if you're keen on acoustic
instrumentation.

I hope you find something you enjoy!

Philip
--
Philip Sainty            |  What are your dreams?               |  _O_   Am I