Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-31 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Happy Rhodes .wav files

From: "Xenu's Sister" <vickie@miso.wwa.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 1996 15:22:10 -0500 (CDT)
Subject: Re: Happy Rhodes .wav files
To: David Hyland <djh@deakin.edu.au>
Beware: of Scientology and Dianetics
cc: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds
Web: http://miso.wwa.com/~vickie/

On Tue, 23 Jul 1996, David Hyland wrote:

> Dear Lovehounds,
>
> I haven't posted lately, I've gone back to lurking after the astounding
> response to my 5 fave artists post way back when.  Anyway, I'm wondering
> if there's a site where I can download a sample of Happy Rhodes' songs.
> What I'm hearing of her in the digest sounds wonderful, and I just want
> to have a taste, a tiny snippet to whet my appetite, before I plunge in
> and buy an album.

Hi, there are some very short sound samples at:
http://www.ecto.org/lists/ecto/archives/samples/
(they're *really* short, unfortunately). I just had
a look, and there are samples for Mac and Sun. Did
I mention they're oh so, way too short? :-)

> Also, which album would you recommend as a first Happy album?  (My fave
> Kate album is Hounds of Love)...

RhodeSongs is a good one to start with, it's a compilation with
non-album, acoustic and re-mixes added, so it won't become
redundant if you become a fan and end up getting all of them.
(they're all pretty darn wonderful, but I'm the least objective
person on the planet when it comes to Happy's music).

Vickie (who loves Chris, who does have breasts and a mind of
his own too, because he's all-around wonderful, and is giving
me a birthday present of a trip to New York to see Happy live
at The Bottom Line August 10)