Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-31 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: words at the end of "The Dreaming"

From: Gonzalo Balerdi <gonzalo@startel.com.ar>
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 1996 19:14:40 +0300
Subject: Re: words at the end of "The Dreaming"
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds

I'm from Argentina... ( we speak spanish here). I always wanted to know
whatīs said on that line.

Sorry friends, but it is *not* spanish, and itīs not pronounced like spanish.

Gonzalo

From: "David W. Sundvall" <dsundvall@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 1996 09:49:23 -0700

Birch, Keith wrote:

> I understand that the words at the end of the song are part of an Aboriginal
> chant she incorporated. SOrry, don't know how to transliterate them...
>
> K eith B irch
>
> ________________
> I have one question concerning the great song "the dreaming"!
> Unfortunately I can't understand the last words of this song (spoken by a
> man's voice). It's not in the leaflet that contains the lyrics :-(
> Does anybody know what the man says ? Does he speak English ?

I hear it as, " Tu Eres mi Caina", which sounds very Spanish - You are my
?????.  I have asked many spanish speaking friends, and nobody seems to
know what a "Caina" is...

-
Gonzalo Balerdi
gonzalo@startel.com.ar