Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-31 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Home Demo Tapes

From: maybe the last real beer in america <woj@remus.rutgers.edu>
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 1996 18:05:34 -0400
Subject: Re: Home Demo Tapes
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com, sluagh@usit.net
Sender: owner-love-hounds

also sprach sluagh@usit.net:

>Anyone ever heard of the Home Demo tapes?

yup. they are already the object of significant analysis and worship by
many love-hounds. look at http://www.ecto.org/garden/catalog.html#demos
for ied's excellent article on those and others demo recordings and at
ftp://ftp.uu.net/usenet/rec.music.gaffa/dreaming/demos/ for the section
of the dreaming - wieland wilker's magnificent compilation of past
love-hounds posts - about the demos.

>P.S.  I also received via the same source a dodgy audience recording
>from her concert in Manchester in 1979 :)

there is a vinyl double lp that is probably the source for your
cassette.  it's been a while since i've listened to any of the tour of
life recordings i have, but i seem to recall that this one was one of
the better-sounding recordings, albeit less complete than the others
(such as the bristol show, which is also available on a double vinyl
boot).

_O_ | woj@remus.rutgers.edu