Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-30 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Kate and Happy at the record stores

From: jimbob@mis.ca (Robert Matthews)
Date: Sun, 21 Jul 1996 05:02:29 -0300
Subject: Re: Kate and Happy at the record stores
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: owner-love-hounds

In article <4ssdvj$5pb@news-e2c.gnn.com>, gearnoise@news-e2c.gnn.com (Neal
Mulvenna) wrote:

> 1. Who wrote Candle The Wind (The Marilyn Monroe tribute) that Kate
> sings? Some of the lyrics sound like Harry Chapin stuff.

     It was written by Elton John and Bernie Taupin. Kate, of course, sang
"Rocket Man" for the "Two Rooms" tribute album of John/Taupin songs, and
used their "Candle in the Wind" for the B-side of the single (can we still
call them B-sides when they're on the same side of the CD?). I'm guessing
you don't have that single, which has the credits listed on the back; too
bad, because it also has a gorgeous instrumental version of "Candle in the
Wind", as well as some lovely photos laid out in a clever way.

Robert Matthews
--
jimbob@mis.ca

Really Useful Information, Part 87:

"A drop of cassia oil in a mixture of lemon and limeade
produces a taste resembling Coca-Cola."
                                  --Edwin T. Morris, "Fragrance"