Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-30 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Kate and Happy at the record stores

From: rhonda@enterprise.ca (Tiny Dancer)
Date: Sun, 21 Jul 1996 18:25:42 -0400
Subject: Re: Kate and Happy at the record stores
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds

Firstly, with regards to this:

>1. Kate Bush - Collaborations. About an hour's worth of stuff, from
>live Peter Gabriel concerts, etc. Most fun was the "Do Bears" duet.
>Sorry, I'm in NC at the moment, and the CD is in Alabama, so can't
>give any more details until next week, if anyone wants.

Yes Neal, please DO fill us in on this goodie! I, for one, am interested
to know what it's all about. How can you go wrong with a store called
Boogie Woogie that sells bootlegs?! Man, I wish I could get to Florida!

>1. Who wrote Candle The Wind (The Marilyn Monroe tribute) that Kate
>sings? Some of the lyrics sound like Harry Chapin stuff.

Alright now, look out, stand aside, coming through, if I can't answer THIS
one then I should be taken out back and shot!!!! Ahem...that would be the
world's greatest male lyricist, Bernie Taupin, known for his years of work
with the world's greatest male performer Elton John. All flames to the
contrary will be gleefully ignored. I will give you points Neal for even
mentioning Harry Chapin, as I adore and miss him greatly.

For those saying to yourselves right now, "who the heck does she think
SHE is, this snooty so-and-so?", simply the world's greatest EJ fan, with
Kate firmly ensconced in the top female position for me. My handle is the
title of one of his early 70's hits. That's why I knew this question had my
name all over it!

Cheers,

Tiny Dancer

"You want my reply?
What was the question?"

                 Webmistress Of The Sesame Street Lyric Archive
                  http://www.enterprise.ca/~rhonda/sesame1.html
       this sig brought to you by the letters K and B and the number 1