Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-30 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Kate Pages or How We Beat the Authors into the Will Of Gaffa

From: Len Bullard <cbullard@HiWAAY.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 1996 15:39:01 -0500
Subject: Kate Pages or How We Beat the Authors into the Will Of Gaffa
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
CC: woj@remus.rutgers.edu
Sender: owner-love-hounds

len sez:

>Burkhard has included <noframes> and _top attributes.

>well, this is what is in the <noframes> tag:

>                      KATE BUSH PAGE OF BURKHARD SIEDHOFF

Yes, but he used it.  That's a start.

>Kate Bush Page - content: Kate Bush Gallery, Kate Bush CDs, Kate Bush
>collection, Offered and wanted, Factsheet, The Kick Inside, Lionheart, Never
>For Ever, The Dreaming, Hounds of Love, The Whole Story, The Sensual World,
>This Woman's Work, The Red Shoes
>These pages are only visible with frames browsers!
>Use Netscape 2.0 or higher, Microsoft Explorer 3.0 or Oracle Power Browser 1.0

And he told you what to expect. Everyone out there is extending
HTML. The HTML working group has apparently gone to hell, and
the ensuing knife fight has no rules.  At least he got a page
up and it is about Kate.  The bloody webReligion_HTMLisHoly
position just makes us ducks on an interstate.  The KateWorlds
are now going to be in four new multimedia books including
one in Japan.  Hooray.  But for my purposes, this is working
very nicely.  Call that selfish or anything you like, but
every Kate page, regardless of a WebNazi deciding
it sucks or belongs in the "Extra" pages section is a
prize for Cathy Bush.  Suits me fine.

>which is hardly informative for someone looking for a "great KaTe
>page".

Who rules?  The author chose.  Fine.  Gad.

>i didn't see any _top attributes in the main page. did you?

I'll go back and look again.  I use Netscape.  The power
is there.  Well, I can use Microsoft and their extensions,
I guess, but as a VRML artist, that isn't a good choice.
If a page comes up and I don't have or want the plugin,
I say, fine.  Next.  Every sperm ain't sacred.

>What else do the frame-impaired require?

>the least he could do was put the html from kate012.htm into <noframes>
>so we don't have to dig through his source file to find the real main
>page's location.

Good suggestion.  Let's politely request that and see
what happens.  If we beat these people up for doing a
*good thing*, how the blazes will we get them to
keep going?  A little sugar in the tea, please.

... hmm, as a practicing diabetic, I may have to
rethink that...

good news;  the talosian spaceport attached to the
kate page won the grand prize in the IDS Build A
Better World contest.  new t-shirt and a set of
bridgestones for the van. ;-)

len