Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-29 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Katemas in SF

From: wisner@gryphon.com (William Wisner)
Date: Tue, 02 Jul 1996 17:17:18 GMT
Subject: Re: Katemas in SF

>Now I'm all messed up....  I'm way behind in reading L-H, but I've caught
>bits and pieces about the Katemas party in San Francisco.  I originally
>read (was it on Ecto?) that the SF party was going to be on July 28th, so I
>asked my brother if he was free that night and wanted to go.  Now I read
>that Bill's having one on August 3rd.  Is this the same party, or is there
>more than one around here?

Some people had assumed that it would be held the weekend of July
27-28, probably mainly because historically they've usually been held
the weekend before Kate's birthday rather than after.
July 28th had been assumed by a few people, but nothing had been
officially announced.  I ended up selecting August 3rd because it fits
a little more easily into a few peoples' plans, not least of them me.,
and because that's the day meredith and woj are having their Katemas
gathering in New Jersey.

I invite other Katemas hosts to select August 3 as well.

>P.S.  Hey Bill, could you jot me off a quick private note and tell me what
>usually goes on at the Katemas gatherings here?

A bunch of obsessive Kate Bush fans will sit around and listen to
rarities and watch the latest tape tree.  IED may bring along another
round of his reknowned Kate Bush Jeopardy!.  Someone will probably
provide Fruitopia.  Stev0 will dis some web sites that use frames.

So: the date is definitely August 3.  Plan on the get-together
starting sometime mid- to late-afternoon.  And watch this space for
further news.