Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-29 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Breathing

From: Emmy May Lombaerts <lombaeg@mail.interpac.be>
Date: Tue, 02 Jul 1996 19:21:36 +0200
Subject: Breathing

nth-wave@easynet.co.uk (Dave Watkins) wrote:

>Can anyone give me any information about the piece of sampling in
>"Beathing", where a reporter is talking about a nuclear bomb?  Might be of
>some use to me in my English Language coursework.

     What's being said is the following: "In a point of fact it is possible
to tell the difference between a small nuclear explosion and a large one by
a very simple method. The calling card of nuclear bomb is the blinding flash
that is even more dazzling than any light of earth - brighter even than the
sun itself, and it is by the duration of the flash that we are able to
determine the size of the weapon. After the flash, a fireball can be seen to
rise sucking up under the debris, dust and living things around the area of
the explosion and as it ascends it soon becomes recognisable as the familiar
mushroom-cloud.
As a demonstration of the flash-duration, let's try and count the number of
seconds for the flash emitted be a very small bomb, then a more substantial,
medium sized bomb, and finally one of our very powerful high yield bombs."

   Hope this has helped.

        Emmy

            (who just transcribed this for Gaffaweb today :) )

       'And Is It Right, Butterfly, They like You Better Framed And Dried?' ~
                                   Tori Amos
lombaeg@mail.interpac.be    Krd@www.dma.be     emmy@opc25.ruca.ua.ac.be

                            http://www.dma.be/p/bewoner/Krd/