Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-27 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

RE: (Fwd) More stuff from Sean

From: Kelley.Hays-Gilpin@nau.edu
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 1996 18:24:21 +0000 (GMT)
Subject: RE: (Fwd) More stuff from Sean
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: owner-love-hounds

Thanks, Sean for keeping us up-dated on Irish reviews/reations
to Common Ground.  I was shocked to actually find a copy here
in Country-Western land (northern Arizona), filed under Rock
at our local chain store (Hastings).  I'm enjoying most of it
(Costello, Spillane&Lunny, and Liam O Maonlai and Kate's the
best but you knew I'd agree with that).  Some of it's kind of
boring--almost Muzak w/pipes (shannon).  I liked Sinead, too.

I think my favorite besides Kate is Cathain by Liam O Maonlai,
which includes masterful use of a didgeridoo (spelling?
ya know, that Australian item).  Does anybody know anything
about this artist?

cheers,
Kelley