Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-27 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

(Fwd) More stuff from Sean

From: "SEAN TWOMEY (ARCHAEOLOGY) PG" <TWOMEYS@acadamh.ucd.ie>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 1996 15:59:38 +0100 (BST)
Subject: (Fwd) More stuff from Sean
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds

Love-hounds ,

I  have one recent review you might not have come across :

The UK magazine Keyboard Review in its' July issue ran a review of
the album , and  the reviewer felt that the
album failed to make much of an impression " till track 8
........Elvis Costelloe... when the magic really starts .....and Kate
Bush, of all people, singing in gaelic ,with a stirring string and
harp accompaniment ...from here the album never looks back "

As I've said before DJ's in Ireland especially seemed to comment on Kate's track
on the week of release, intrigued that she sang in Irish and
commenting after playing the track " and that would you believe was
Kate Bush ". Common Ground entered the Irish album charts at No.6
,peaked at No.5 and is still in the top ten as I write .

SEAN : )