Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-27 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Any Sarah Brightman Fans?

From: Robb McCaffree <nsrjm@nursepo.medctr.ucla.edu>
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 1996 23:07:07 -0700
Subject: Re: Any Sarah Brightman Fans?
To: rec-music-gaffa@ucsd.edu
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: owner-love-hounds

Chris Hansen @ Home wrote:

> I was able to acquire a radio station promo of Sarah Brightman singing "Love
> Changes Everything" and "Anything But Lonely" which are selections from Andrew
> Webber's musical 'Aspects of Love'.  Quite good.  I've only heard a bit of
> 'Diva' but her disc of 'The Songs That Got Away' I enjoy when I'm in the mood.

You might try Tower's ordering 800 number for a $21 import
called 'Surrender; The Unexpected Songs' in which she sings
seventeen Lloyd Webber pieces including 'Piano' ('Memory' in
Italian) and some others from Sunset Boulevard, Cats, Phantom,
and a haunting requiem called 'Pie Jesu.' Sorry, I don't have
the number on me, but any Tower would be able to give it to you.

Her vocal ability has grown a great deal since "The Songs That
Got Away" and despite the fact that Lloyd Webber's footprints
are all over this CD, it's very impressive and I recommend it.

Thanks for responding,

Robb