Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-26 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Another Kate Spotting

From: stev0@zuni.chaco.com (Steve Berlin)
Date: Sat, 15 Jun 1996 01:05:30 -0700
Subject: Another Kate Spotting
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds

This evening, I stopped by the most pretentious coffee
shop in the South Bay, Cafe Leviticus.  Picture a coffee
shop decorated by Peter Greenaway.

However, I was pleasantly surprised when I was sipping
my mocha, talking with friends, when I listened up and
they were playing "This Woman's Work"!  A few more
Kate Songs followed (They put on The Sensual World
and put it on shuffle - good idea; has anyone done this
with Hounds of Love or The Dreaming?  I can tell you from
personal experience, it's a serious mindfuck.)

Anyway, I always approve of when I hear Kate in a public
place.

To date:
Weirdest place hearing Kate:  Taco Bell  (Actually, that's
not THAT surprising - I've heard Souxie and the Banshees,
New Order, and even Public Image Ltd there)
Best place:
Outside Filene's in Boston - the title cut to "The Dreaming",
no less!  It was part of a long tape loop they had!

- Stev0 the Katespotter

Rhetorical question of the day:  Did you ever wonder what
Oasis would sound like if they had any talent?