Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-25 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Other music -- try to top this

From: ohmigod@ix.netcom.com (Mr. H)
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 1996 01:31:27 GMT
Subject: Other music -- try to top this
To: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: owner-love-hounds

On one end we have: Slayer, Anthrax, Metallica, Napalm Death, Carcass,
Megadeth, Ministry, John Zorn (demented jazz/punk),  Body Count, etc.

On the other end, we have: Stravinsky, Sade, Cherubini, anything by
the Judds, any old country, Pet Shop Boys, Howard Jones, Simon &
Garfunkel, MR. James Brown, etc.

In between, we have everything but comteporary R&B/soul and what I
guess you could call world or cultural music (like polka or tribal
music).

Ultimate favs: Neil Young, Rush, Chris Rea, Steely Dan, and maybe Stan
Ridgway. Sorry, Kate's top 10 or 15 but not top 5. Don't damn me.