Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-25 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Hope I haven't mucked up your email :)

From: Alan Stonebridge <Alan.Stonebridge@durham.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 1996 13:24:22 +0100 (BST)
Subject: Re: Hope I haven't mucked up your email :)
To: David Hyland <djh@deakin.edu.au>
cc: love-hounds@gryphon.com, love-hounds-digest@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds

On Mon, 10 Jun 1996, David Hyland wrote:

> I'm just interested in what kind of cross-section of the community
> listens to Kate.  What I thought I would do is ask you for your top 5
> artists/bands other than Kate.  I'll get the ball rolling...
> 1. The Beatles
> 2. John Lennon (solo)
> 3. Elvis Costello
> 4. Tori Amos
> 5. George Harrison (solo)

Well, everybody else I know seems to like musicians who are either
regarded as classic examples of modern music or who are generally
regarded as more cult-like. So, my own tastes might seem a bit odd - if
any of you like any of this stuff, I'd really like to get involved in
some heavy discussions on it... so here's my list...

1. Kate Bush
2. Chris Isaak
3. Del Amitri
4. Tori Amos (mainly pre-"Boys for Pele", although I like some of it,
   about 7 or 8 tracks
5. erm, I'll reserve this one for what sort of mood I'm in... at the
   moment, I'll say Peter Gabriel, but if I'm feeling particularly happy,
   it'd be some kind of '80s soul/dance, maybe Whitney Houston or Alexander
   O'Neal.

Anyway, I can't wait to see what other people like.

Alan.