Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-25 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Delius...?

From: Graham Dombkins <gaffa@ozemail.com.au>
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 96 16:13:21 +1000
Subject: Re: Delius...?
To: <love-hounds@gryphon.com>
Sender: owner-love-hounds

>Hello, KT fans!! :)

G'day! :-)

>Now to the subject ;) The second song o Never Forever is called
>Delius, right? What/who is Delius? I love that song and my curiosity
>was not satisfied by my encyclopaedias :(( Can any of you help me?

I will always remember when Delius the song sort of just clicked for me.
I had the TV just buzzing along in the background one afternoon when they
did a quick review on the movie about the life of Delius. He was already
very far gone in his disease, both blind and very ill, and a young man,
who would become his life-long companion, had just arrived to see him.
Delius needed help to write a song that he had in his head and this chap
was here to help. So Delius just starts realing off notes for him to
write down but his disease has made him... well tone deaf I suppose... So
while he thinks he's creating a masterpiece all we can here him saying is
a flat "Daaa Da Daa Da Da"... it was very sad and quite moving.

>Thaks a lot!! Long live Kate Bush!! :))

:-)

> |      _ ___,;;;,     |  Raquel, aka Eowyn
> |  ,;`( )__, )^\|     |    on "Cital" and "Lost Eden" talkers

like that .sig!

            \___/

<mailto:gaffa@ozemail.com.au>
<http://www.ozemail.com.au/~gaffa>
"one day my keyboard will learn how to spell!"