Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-25 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

re: A Lioness At Heart

From: "Geoffrey A. Shrieves" <gshrieve@cris.com>
Date: Thu, 06 Jun 1996 21:55:00 -0600
Subject: re: A Lioness At Heart
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: owner-love-hounds

I have this set, and I'll tell you all about it.  It is beautifully
packaged, but ultimately not that fantastic.  It contains a CD of
"Lionheart"--the same CD you already have in your collection, no doubt.
It has a white T-shirt, with the words "lots of love, Kate xxx" silk
screened on the left breast.  It has a pink-toned poster of Kate in the
infamous leotard.  The only real reason for buying the set is the book
of photographs by Gerard Mankowitz.  This book has lots of nice black
and white images, along with a few color ones.  It has different poses
from the "Kate In A Box" session from TKI and several in the Lionheart
suit.  It has some gorgeous photos of Kate in the leotard, along with a
blue leotard.  It also has a couple of the ugliest pictures I've ever
seen of Kate, from the "Lionheart" year.  How someone with so expensive
a camera can make such a beautiful woman look so hideous, I'll never
know.  The set also contains a postcard of Kate in the green leotard,
which my ex-girlfriend tore neatly in half one night in a fit of manic
depression while I was sleeping.  It took me about a year to find out
about it, and I was rather pissed off.  I asked her about it, and she
was quite apologetic and embarassed.  Anyway, I paid $75 for mine when
it first came out, and the only thing that makes it even slightly worth
it is the book.