Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-24 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Maire and Enya

From: Colin Michael Davis <sai@psyber.com>
Date: Fri, 31 May 1996 18:26:10 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Maire and Enya
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds

james@absfabs.demon.co.uk commented:

 :My other favorite track is "O Bhean A'ti" by "Maire Brennan" it has
 :an Enya feel about it.

Understandably so; Enya Brennan is Maire's sister, and they were both (at
different times) the lead vocalists for the Irish group Clannad.

On topic: a dear friend of mine has promised to send me the Cathy Demos
within the week.  Shall I be jubilant, or is a pained expression of
dismay more appropriate?  I don't ask this to be snide, please
understand: I know _of_ the Cathy Demos, but I've not heard anything from
them, and I've heard early tapes from some of my favorite artists
before.  It's not always been a pleasant experience... so to be
straightforward: are they any good?  :)  Thanks...

... Colin Michael Davis ... sai@psyber.com ... the mischievous Pook ...
:          run away or run into, it's all the same in a saucer dish   :
:   so rub the broken half-lit lamp and make your last-chance wish:   :
:            faerie wings for the frightened girl failed by gravity   :
:                          - the Slow Children, "Failed by Gravity"   :