Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-23 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Lurkers best 'KATE DAY' ever

From: Thomas.A.Fornof@SanDiegoCA.NCR.COM (Thomas A. Fornof)
Date: Mon, 20 May 1996 10:10:43
Subject: Lurkers best 'KATE DAY' ever
To: rec-music-gaffa@ncrhub6.NCR.COM
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: owner-love-hounds

I usually lurk but I just gotta let it out.
I collect a lot of records and CDs and usually start
my record store travels in the 'B' section.
For at least 4 years I had been craving
Kate's box set.  My favorite record shop had
a vinyl copy for years but I always passed and
instead 'settled' for a Kate 12" single or two.
But one day when I was on vacation in Carbondale
Illinois(alma mater), I came across the three LPs
I had been searching for from the box set(I,II,III).
All three were in perfect condition and I even got
that sheet of KT stickers.  I tried to show off the
records to my relatives but they all just said
'Kate who?'.

So what was your best 'Kate Day'?

Regards,
Tom Fornof