Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-22 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: My proposal

From: mplskyle@aol.com (MPLSkyle)
Date: 18 May 1996 22:24:12 -0400
Subject: Re: My proposal
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: owner-love-hounds

well - i'm game - i havn't tried to do a top 5 for quite a while.... here
goes nuthin.  (let me preface this by saying, i have a really hard time
assinginng numbers to things)

Best Track Ever:  This Womans Work - nuff' said

The Next 5 Best Tracks:
1. Under Ice/Waking The Witch - yeah i know these are two different
tracks, but i've always listened to them together (anyone else?) - in my
minds eye, this is ONE track.
and of course, most of you will recall, that WtW was the first KaTe i had
ever heard, so it will allways hold a special place in my heart.  that and
i was impressed to all hell that she actually credited a sampling source
(remember this was what '86?).  the modulated vocals - the purcussive
track - the image in the lyric - this to me is a KATE song!!

2. Rocket's Tail - such a perfect song.  the accapella beguining w/just
her voice intermingling with the Trio's hauning vocal, the dream like
atmosphere of the lyric - the hat, the bridge, the rocket - can't you just
see it all happen right before your eyes?  & then in comes David's guitar
- my god, it just doesn't get much better than this (for me at least).

3.  Leave It Open - another brilliant track - i can picture every word
happening infront of my eyes as i listen to the track & get taken along
for a helluva trip by kate.  fascinating tonal structure to the song as
well.  just can't get enough of this one.

4. Army Dreamers - one of few songs that actually bring tears to my eyes -
every time i hear it.  this is such a haunting track.  the piona, the
vocal - sends shivers down me'back.

5. Ne T'En Fui Pas - havn't the slightest clue whats going on in this
song, other than the fact, wheneve i hear it i stop dead in my tracks &
get swept along in the tidal wave of emmotion in Kate's voice.  the
haunting instrumantation - the dreammy laid back vocal - and so dark.  is
there a better song to listen to in the dark with candles lit after making
love to someone?  i don't think so. :)

the rest of the 10;

-Experiment IV (12" Mix)
-And So Is Love
-Constellation of the Heart
-Love & Anger
-The Man With The Child In His Eyes

& a special node to Wuthering Heights - no list would be complete with out
it :)

hope you all enjoyed this rather dark look into my psyche  ~ kyle