Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-22 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

My proposal

From: Ariusz Nowak <ariusz@byd.ternet.pl>
Date: Sat, 18 May 1996 23:31:59 +0200 (MET DST)
Subject: My proposal
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds

Hi everyone here in Love-Hounds. I would like to thank very much to all the
nice people, that helped me with my questions I sent once to the list.
This place is very special for me, because the time when I'm unpatiently
waiting for her new album is not so "empty" from her music and i'm sure
it's not only my opinion.  Lots of letters that I read here made me listen
to some of her songs once again and in the other way then I used to listen
to it.The best example is "Hello Earth" - the discussion about background
talk in
the beginnig of it made me listen this song a lot. I couldn't take part in
that discussion, because i'm not sure what I hear there at all.
I think reading mail from You is the way for keeping continous contact
with Kate's music in time when we're all waiting for her new album.

And here's my proposal for all of you:

I would like to know your favourite songs of Kate. For instance it would be
sort of Top 5 of her recordings. I'm sure you like
that songs for some speacial reasons so please tell about them. I'm sure it
will be impulse for other fans to listen to that songs again and discover
them even if they thought they didn't like them.  Maybe that opinions of
other people will affect in changing of your types.  It may be very
interesting.  For the good beginning here are my types:

1. Wuthering Heights - I know that it's very old song, but it was the
first I've heard and it made me fall in love with Kate so everytime i
listen to it it's very special for me.  And I think don't like the version
released on "The Whole Story" as much, because the original one sounds
more fresh and young I suppose.  It's great.

2. Leave It Open - I think that song is the masterpiece. Such a loads of
voices you can hear in it. It's hard to believe, that they come from one
person.  I could listen to it again and again, aspecially that moment when
the more heavy rhythm comes immediately - i think you know what momment
i'm talking about.

3. Moving - I feel shivers down my spine listening to the very
beginnig of that song - i mean when Kate begins to sing. I have never
listen to any record that begins in such a expressive way.

4. Night Of the Swallow - another song from TD. I think it's one the most
characteristic song for Kate. I love the way of Kate changing the mood in
one song. (another example of it is Houdini).

5. Lily - I don't know exactly why I place that song so high. I think it
is one of the songs that you love, but you don't know the reason why. A
Propos: maybe you know more about a person called Lily. Is it real woman
and if so why she is so special for Kate.

And here is the second half of my Top 10 (in short):

6. L'Amour Looks Something Like You
7. The Song of Solomon
8. Kashka From Baghdad
9. Symphony in Blue
10.Army Dreamers

Please mail your types to Love-Hounds. I'm waiting unpatinetly for it.

   Ariusz