Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-22 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: ho ho ho

From: lombaeg@mail.interpac.be (Emmy May Lombaerts)
Date: Sat, 18 May 1996 20:07:56 GMT
Subject: Re: ho ho ho
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: owner-love-hounds

On 18 May 1996 08:21:12 -0700, vickie@miso.wwa.com ("Xenu's Sister")
wrote:

>Do you people judge *all* female vocalists that way?
>Hell, Sarah McLachlan sounds more like Kate than Tori
>does, and she plays piano too! (so does Happy). So, why
>does Tori get more venom than Sarah? I just really believe
>that it's a personal problem with Tori, and y'all just
>drag Kate down with your inability to realize that Tori's
>an individual with her own style. If you don't like her,
>there's a very simple solution: don't listen to her.

    I can only agree with that.. There are plenty of singers who sound
a lot more like Kate than Tori ever could.. Happy being the obvious
example (sometimes the similarty in their voices is uncanny), but also
Milla, Danielle Dax and sometimes Heather Nova.. . But still it's
always Tori who gets persecuted on this mailing list/newsgroup..

   This whole Kate vs Tori-thread must have grown a beard by now, and
maybe it wouldn't be such a bad idea for the hate-mongrels as opposed
to Love-Hounds around to start up their own forum.. alt.bash.tori
sounds like an appropriate name.. Then the rest of us can go back to
talking about Kate, lyrics, and who knows even driving-tests :)

         Emmy

o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-
'And Is It Right, Butterfly, They like You Better Framed And Dried?' ~
                                   Tori Amos
o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-

Emmy May Lombaerts
lombaeg@mail.interpac.be        Krd@www.dma.be

http://www.dma.be/p/bewoner/Krd/