Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-22 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Om mani padme hum.

From: IAN RICHARD CHILTON <irc@coventry.ac.uk>
Date: 17 May 1996 15:07:31 GMT
Subject: Re: Om mani padme hum.
To: rec-music-gaffa@britain.eu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: owner-love-hounds

Any true Kate fan would know where she uses the lyric 'Om mani padme hum', I
mean for Christ's sake it's on her first bloody album, so get a bloody copy
whoever first asked about it!!!  And while I'm having my slag off, what a load
of bollox you lot out there are talking about:  Who gives a fuck about Tori
Amos' involvement with Kate's music.  If you don't like Tori, don't fucking
listen to her.  I mena it's always the same: 'If you can't stand the heat get
out of the kitchen!!!!!!'  Now why don't you lot start talking about the real
basis of Kate's work.

Firstly does anybody expect Kate to be stupid enough to use lyrics that she
doesn't understand the meaning to: everything in Kate's verse has a meaning,
and if yo don't know that, then you don't know the music.  Also you don't have
to always understand Kate's lyrics, or where she's coming from:  Kate is a
musician, and she expresses her feelings through the music as well as the
lyrics, so next time feel the music!!!!!

Also the ninth wave is a conceptual piece, loosely based on the Shakespeare
play HAMLET,  it tells the story of Ophelia, Hamlet's wife, and her strugle in
the water on an emotional as well as physical level.  Also the picture for
ninth wave is based upon a famous painting of Ophelia, but I don't know who
painted it (I'll find out)

If you want a good book to read try: Kate Bush, A Visual Documentary, published
by Maxwell( or perhaps MacMillan).

Bye

Ian