Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-22 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

TLAs and Friends

From: stev0@zuni.chaco.com (Steve Berlin)
Date: Sat, 18 May 1996 10:23:15 -0700
Subject: TLAs and Friends
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds

 rhonda@enterprise.ca (Tiny Dancer) said:

[Snip]

>My first real live actual Kate album was "The Kick Inside" on 8-track tape
>(kids, ask your parents about these), so, of course no lyrics.I literally wore
>out the tape playing it on my portable,
ever-so-casually-flung-over-my-shoulderFrom
>"RFTL":
>                   >No, we never die for long
>                     No, we never "dive alone"
>                   >Oh-woman, two in one
>                     Oh-woman, "I turn around"

No wonder you mis-heard it!  You didn't even get the acronym right!  The
acronym of the song is, of course, "RTFM" (the B-side to her single,
"BOOL", or "Bastard Operator of Love").  The real lyrics go thusly:

"If I only could
maybe deal with this clod
I could get him out of our faces
He'd stop running up that node