Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-22 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Hounds Of Love CD

From: jdmack01@aol.com (Jdmack01)
Date: 16 May 1996 00:26:09 -0400
Subject: Hounds Of Love CD
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: owner-love-hounds

Greetings,

I posted a message a while back asking about the sound quality difference
between the British and American pressings of the "Hounds Of Love" CD.
I remember someone posting WAY back that listening to the British CD was
like listening to a different album.  So, when a co-worker took a trip to
England, I asked her to pick up a copy for me, which she did.

About the only difference I can hear is a slightly stronger bass repsonse.
 And that might have been a psychological difference, since I wanted to
believe that the British CD would sound so much better.  BUT, (and there's
always a "BUT") the writing on the CD itself says "Made In Holland."
Also, the photo on the back of the CD case is blakc and white with poor
contrast.  The American CD back cover is sepia with very good contrast.
So I'm asking those of you in the know: have I been ripped off?  Is there
still a CD of "Hounds Of Love" out there that will knock my socks off when
compared to the American CD?

One final interesting note:  The English/Dutch CD package attributes the
back cover quote to "The Holy Grail," while the American CD attributes it
to "The Coming of Arthur."

J.D.

"What time is it? . . . . Four.