Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-22 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: "unofficial" recordings?

From: Ian Gledhill <100644.1465@CompuServe.COM>
Date: 14 May 1996 22:53:00 GMT
Subject: Re: "unofficial" recordings?
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: owner-love-hounds

Hi Tim,

The bootleg stuff is widely available from record faires - at
least in my part of the world ( UK ). You can also find some of
the material in Record Collector/Melody Maker etc.
The stuff I have is of diverse quality ( ie. the quality of some
of the recordings is akin to what could be expected had it been
recorded through a brick wall on a stormy night during carnival
week ). IMHO recordings like The Home Demo's and Butterfly Kisses
hardly enhance Kate's reputation - even so I baught them ( though
can hardly ever bare to play them ).
Anyway, welcome to the group!

Ian Gledhill ( Yorkshire, UK )