Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-22 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Punk cover of Wuthering Heights/9th Wave

From: Rolf.Peukert@Theoinf.TU-Ilmenau.DE (Rolf Peukert)
Date: Fri, 10 May 96 09:58:59 +0200
Subject: Re: Punk cover of Wuthering Heights/9th Wave
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds

Hi,

> A Hidden track at the end of a CD, 30 min of silence before this Punk
> Cover of Wuthering Heights, sounds just like the Sex Pistols!

yes, never thought i'd be able to sing along Wuthering Heights :-)

> Band is called China Drum, missed the album name,

I don't know the album name either, but it can also be found (not hidden)
on their single "Can't Stop These Things"

Re The Ninth Wave:
In Celtic mythology, the ninth wave was a boundary, a divide between
homeland and alien worlds.

bye,
Rolf

----
from an interview with Darryl Peck in TidBITS #320/25-Mar-96, an electronic
Macintosh periodical:

  And, if you want a great piece of trivia, the term gaffer comes
  from the old days in England when a gentleman went around lighting
  the gas lights each day at dusk. The tool he used to reach up to
  light the torch was called a gaffe. Now your readers know a top
  trade secret.

Credits (C) 1990-1996 Adam & Tonya Engst. Information: <info@tidbits.com>