Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-22 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Paperhouse

From: c9204374@student.anu.edu.au (Dan)
Date: Fri, 10 May 1996 18:56:42 +1000
Subject: Re: Paperhouse
To: Love-Hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds

        Yep. It sure is good. The dream sequences are the only ones I have
seen that come close to reflecting the bizarre feeling that I have in my
dreams when even the subconscious has a hard time following what's going
on, let alone the conscious. Actually I had a dream about Kate coming to
Australia the other day, I woke up and couldn't help but let out a chain of
expletives that it was a dream. Paperhouse is one of the few films where
you can't guess what is going to happen. If you thinbk you do know, you
probably don't. That's how I felt anyway.

  I am even having trouble getting hold of Happy Rhodes. Maybe it's hard to
get hold of elsewhere, but I had to order it from the US, and people tend
to give me blank stares when I mention anything that has bveen on this
mailing list.

       Thanks for, and in advance of, the help with the om mani padme hum
line. I have arbitrarily given myself the punishment of listening to tKI
until I drop and then some. And for good measure I'll do it with The
Dreaming too.

"Oh, do you know she has the face of a genius"

I wanted to say it was "we're" just to give some support for Wieland, but I
couldn't. Many apologies.

PS Violet, I gather (wild stab in the dark) that you are a fan of English
comedies, as well. If so you should know this show: "life without you is
like a broken pencil", "Explain?", "Pointless." But then you don't trust
her do you :-)