Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-21 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Another out of the shadows...

From: Moseley Family <moseley@fred.net>
Date: Tue, 07 May 1996 10:01:41 -0400
Subject: Re: Another out of the shadows...
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: owner-love-hounds

It's amazing to me how hard it seems it was for a lot of people to get
into "The Dreaming." My first Kate album was "The Whole Story," which I
loved so much that I began collecting all her albums -- first The Red
Shoes, The Sensual World, and Hounds of Love, because they were her
newest. Well, aside from the singles from those albums, I was initially
disappointed. I decided not to give up and bought The Kick Inside and
Lionheart, and was even more disappointed. Finally, I decided to give
The Dreaming a try, bought it, and on first listen knew it was one of
the best albums I had ever heard. I loved it so much that I went back
and gave the other albums a try (and eventually picked up Never for Ever
as well), and grew to love them all. But The Dreaming remains the only
Kate album that I instantly loved.

Patrick