Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-21 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Hello Earth, the messages

From: dunker@invalid.ed.unit.no (Thomas Dunker)
Date: 3 May 1996 23:13:17 GMT
Subject: Re: Hello Earth, the messages
To: rec-music-gaffa@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: owner-love-hounds

Bryan Dongray (btd@cray.com) wrote:

: > 1. voice: "Well, we're now at nine times the speed of sound."
: > 2. voice: "Roger that, Dan, I've got a solid TACAN locked on, uh,
: >            TACAN two and three."
: > 3. voice: "The, uh, tracking data, map data and pre-planned
: >            trajectory are all one line on the block"
: > 4. voice: "Show your block decode..."

: Sorry, but in line 1 I always used to hear:
: 	Travelling now at ...

 I agree...

: So I checked out my lyrics, and have:
: 	Columbia now at ...
: which makes MUCH more sense, and I hear that now my ears are tuned in.

: By the way, this is my most favourite BEST ever track, EVER.

 Mine too, along with the rest of The Ninth Wave.

 But...at the very end of Hello Earth Kate says something in German which it
took literally years before I could make out - now it seems obvious.
(More used to hearing spoken German as I study the language now) Correct me
if I'm wrong but what I hear is:

"Tiefer, tiefer...irgendwo in der Tiefe gibt es ein Licht"

(Deeper, deeper...somewhere in the deep there is a light")

Thomas Dunker
dunker@invalid.ed.unit.no