Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-21 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Love-Hounds digest V12 #148

From: SamiT007@aol.com
Date: Thu, 2 May 1996 18:28:36 -0400
Subject: Re: Love-Hounds digest V12 #148
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds

>> 1. voice: "Well, we're now at nine times the speed of sound."
>> 2. voice: "Roger that, Dan, I've got a solid TACAN * locked on, uh,
>>            TACAN two and three."
>> 3. voice: "The, uh, tracking data, map data and pre-planned
>>            trajectory are all one line on the block"
>> 4. voice: "Show your block decode..."
>>
>> Some normally very reliable love-hounds pretend to hear
>> "Columbia now at ..." for the first voice.
>>
>> This IS WRONG!!! (IMHO)
>> It's what I've written above! (IMHO)
>> Jump back with |<< to the beginning several times and you can hear it very
>> clearly (I hope).
>> To make sure: I hear this on the UK-CD! :-)

It would be arrogant of me to say I have *solved* the "mis-hearing" but I did
notice, that on my U.S. CD, if I start the song at 0:00, I don't hear
"Columbia."  I have to go back and play the last 1/2-second of "Jig of Life"
to hear the beginning of the word "Columbia."  I haven't tried listening to
it without the Dreaming Plug, but with the Dreaming Plug, it is quite
distinctly "Columbia."  Please, give it another listen...

Once again, I don't want to sound arrogant, but I find it hard to believe
that anyone could mistake the word as anything other than "Columbia"--it's SO
INCREDIBLY clear on my CD that there's no possible way it could be anything
but "Columbia."  Strange... }:-)

~~~Samantha