Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-21 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Kate, Carl, UFO's and love...

From: SamiT007@aol.com
Date: Thu, 2 May 1996 18:28:40 -0400
Subject: Re: Kate, Carl, UFO's and love...
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds

>Uh, I guess I should get this back on topic.  Do you think Kate's ever
>been abducted by UFO's?  Do you think she's ever met Carl Sagan?

You thought you were being funny, yes?  Well, believe it or not, it's true
that Kate and Carl met at a party (I can't recall who's or what for) and were
immediately enamored with each other.  I can see why Carl would fall for
Kate...but I can't for the life of me figure out what Kate was thinking!
 (Perhaps she was wearing her "beer-goggles" that evening.)  However, despite
their immediate attraction and ongoing close friendship, the two have (as far
as we could possibly know) not allowed a romance to develop out of respect
for Sagan's wife.  As for his wife's opinion of Kate and Carl's friendship,
we may never know.  She is not talking.  All anyone can get out of her when
they approach the subject is a terse "No Comment!"

Just thought you might be interested to know...

~~~Samantha