Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-20 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Love-Hounds digest V12 #140

From: Kerry White <zzkwhite@ktwu.wuacc.edu>
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 1996 15:12:50 -0500 (CDT)
Subject: Re: Love-Hounds digest V12 #140
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds

  Hello,

> From: ninthwaver@aol.com (NinthWaver)
> Date: 24 Apr 1996 04:30:22 -0400
> Subject: Re: Open letter to Chris
>
> No fantasies. Just a suggestion, a possibility, an interest in something
> other than the merely secular. Might she -? Is she -? Could she -? Make
> life more interesting. And nothing any human being FEELS - especially
> deeply - is "petty" or "inane."

    Hear,hear[read,read]!!

>     Vickie has asked me to drop this. However much fun I might be having
>trying to improve this bozo's debating technique (am I alone in noticing
>a marked improvment?), I must bow to the greater good of gaffa.

  Yes, a marked improvement- a *well reasoned* disagreement/ flame/
debate is always fun!

> ------------------------------
>
> From: chrisw@miso.wwa.com (Chris Williams)
> Date: Thu, 25 Apr 96 04:53:57 GMT
> Subject: Re: Open letter to Chris
>
> >No fantasies. Just a suggestion, a possibility, an interest in something
> >other than the merely secular. Might she -? Is she -? Could she -? Make
> >life more interesting. And nothing any human being FEELS - especially
> >deeply - is "petty" or "inane."
>
>    I have been working in Kansas City for 6 months...at Hallmark Cards.
> Schmaltz capital of the universe. Let me assure you - it is very possible
> for deep human feelings to be both petty and inane. Quite.

    I believe that "deep" in this context is mutually exclusive from
"petty and inane".
   *Deep* feelings need no cards.   The petty and inane *think* they have
deep feelings.        IMHO!!!

                                KrW
                    Mairsy dotes an doesy dotes,
                        an liddlelamseydivy.