Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-19 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Open letter to Chris

From: WretchAwry <vickie@miso.wwa.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 1996 06:07:14 -0500 (CDT)
Subject: Re: Open letter to Chris
To: Love-Hounds <love-hounds@gryphon.com>, Robert Henderson <robh@conch.aa.msen.com>
Beware: of Scientology and Diantetics
cc: chrisw@miso.wwa.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds
Web: http://miso.wwa.com/~vickie/

Following up my own post...I need to make it
absolutely crystal clear that *Chris* has
done nothing whatsoever to hurt me. I not
only respect his opinions (though we do
sometimes disagree), but in this case,
I feel even more strongly about the harm
religion has caused than he does. He's an
agnostic, *I'M* the hard-core athiest in
the family. The difference between us is
that he has the guts to state his opinions
clearly and honestly. As a result, he gets
all the flak, mortar shells and shrapnal.

Chris may be a name on a computer screen
to many of you, but to me he's a real person,
and someone I love very much. I don't want him
to stop posting his opinions to "spare"
Love-Hounds from flame wars, I want him to
stop posting his opinions (in this case)
to spare *me* from seeing him crucified
every time he does.

Just so you know.

These things take too much out of me, and I
can't afford to be (once again) disgusted with
LH/rmg, something I care about and have been
a part of for many years.  I'm working hard on
the Gaffaweb, and I don't want to lose interest
in that. I'm going to be traveling to Philly to
see Happy Rhodes in concert, and I don't want
a flame war to cast a pall on meeting fellow
Love-Hounders who are Ectophiles, as has
happened before. It's just not worth it.

Vickie

"You'll never win, I won't break down..." HTR