Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-19 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: IED's discoveries

From: SamiT007@aol.com
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 1996 17:31:42 -0400
Subject: Re: IED's discoveries
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

>Though this particular one may already be known to some
>of you, it was news to IED.  At 3:34 and 1/2 seconds (UK
>CD, original pressing, in case there's any difference) into
>"Waking the Witch" we all have heard the "jury" (?) pronounce
>what sounds like the verdict: "Not guilty!"   But have a listen
>to that passage with the dreaming plug!  You'll discover that
>there are TWO lines uttered here: "Not guilty!" is heard in
>the "center" (i.e., left-and-right-in-equal-balance)
>channel; but in the outer channels, now much more
>clearly heard with the Dreaming Plug, are what sound
>to IED's ears like the words "Careful, I'm bruising!"

I didn't  hear this.  Perhaps the timing *is* different on U.S. release.  If
so, is there anyone else who figured out where this line is--I'd like to hear
it!  What I *did* hear that I hadn't before is the voice at 3:25 saying, "Not
guilty for her actions." I'd never noticed it before!  I'm sure *everyone* is
already aware of this minor detail--I just had to express my giddiness at
understanding one more line I didn't know existed prior to this revelation!
:)

At 0:12 of "The Big Sky", IED wants to ask again if
anyone can tell what Kate is singing in the background.
With the Dreaming Plug on it sounds something like
"You should never be a- (unintelligible)".  This has always
been a problem line, clearly a full sentence but frustratingly
(and all too typically) omitted from the "official" lyric sheet.

What I heard, which I noticed about last week with the Dreaming Plug, is at
the :12 mark
either "She'll never go in now" or "She'll never go in there".  What do you
think?  Or
perhaps we are again listening to different segments, seeing how you have the
UK release and I don't!

ta-ta,
~~~Samantha