Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-17 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: No more junk on Love-hounds!!!

From: "Chris Hansen @ Work" <chris@kiva.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 1996 11:41:35 -0700
Subject: Re: No more junk on Love-hounds!!!
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Comments: Authenticated sender is <chris@genie>
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

>Hello!
>I am new to this list and I am sorry if my first intervention is not about
>KaTe, but is there a mail-list regulator here? It's REALLY unpleasant when

Welcome, Fabrice, post early and post often!  The 'spam' doesn't rear its ugly
head much on the mailing list, due to some modifications to the mailing list
from the pseudo-moderator.  We (okay, when I de-lurk I consider myself to be a
LoveHound) debated closing the list, but I recall the final consensus being to
leave it open for more fresh bloo..., um, ideas from the news group.

[ Privately, I think many, myself included, didn't want to have to follow the
  newsgroup and the E-mail list - lazy? perhaps...]

snip...

>Anyways, I am happy to see that there are some Laurie Anderson's fans. I
>like her music very much too but I never thought to check similarities
>between her works and KaTe's, so I was a bit surprised to read that some
>have mistaken one's music for the other...  But I am very interested with
>that point... Could somebody tell the similarities she/he found between the two
>with more precisions? I am talking about their music, of course ;-) Thanks...

There is also a 'word jazz' song from an artist whose name I can't remember
(I'll find it if necessary) regarding a girl's obsession with a boy's sweater
until he asks for it back....

>PS: Who the Hell is that Tori Amos everybody is talking about? ;-)

Ahhh, Pandora, I knew thou wouldst rear thy head again to come forth and smite
us with thy venom...

chris
the waxing-poetic one

I'm not plagiarizing...
    I'm just utterly failing to be original.
                                   -- Captain Oblivion

Contact Chris Hansen at:            chansen@kiva.com
                                    tchansen@xmission.com
KIVA                                http://www.xmission.com/~tchansen/
Phone (801) 261-2617 / FAX 268-8262
5525 South 900 East #325, Salt Lake City, UT  84117-7200