Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-17 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Stating the Obvious

From: "Stuart M. Castergine" <scasterg@dispatch.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 1996 11:51:04 -0500
Subject: Re: Stating the Obvious
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

On Tue, 09 Apr 1996 23:04:40 GMT zpj@huskbeat.demon.co.uk (Steve ZPJ) wrote:

>On 8 Apr 1996 02:02:58 -0700, in rec.music.gaffa you wrote:
>
>>All those who want Lovehounds to be a closed list
>>(eg, only those subscribed can post) say "Aye!"

>rec.music.gaffa for sentimental reasons (I wouldn't have found the LH
>Digest all those years ago if it wasn't for rmg!)

It is with great regret that I must say "nay" to this proposal. Like Steve ZPJ
would never have found love-hounds without rec.music.gaffa. The bi-directional
link to the newsgroup has made us one of the most accessible and vital mailing
lists of its kind. The constant infusion of "new blood" helps fend off the slow
decline that would doubtless follow as an increasingly more insular group of
old-timers tries in vain to keep up enthusiasm for an artist who releases albums
only twice a decade.

However, I enthusiastically support the referendum to put Krazy Kevin and a few
of the other spammers on the Wedding List. ;-)

Stu

--
scasterg@dispatch.com == Stuart M. Castergine        |              ---
All young gentle dreams drowning                     | "Mmm, yes."   |/