Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-17 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: it's in the trees

From: Nicholas Marten <nick@tinbum.demon.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 1996 10:33:54 +0100
Subject: Re: it's in the trees
To: rec-music-gaffa@ncren.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

In article <4k90a7$9m6$1@mhade.production.compuserve.com>, Mike Shaw
<101564.2307@CompuServe.COM> writes
>Am I right in thinking that the sound-sample "it's in the trees -
>it's coming", (From the Hounds of Love)is taken directly from the
>film "Night of the Demon" - a rather cultish film adaptation of a
>classic M. R. James story?

You could be right - I would not want to bet on it, though. Mind you I'm
not a betting man and never likely to be. I'll give you 10 to 1 against.

>I wonder if there are any other MRJ references in the work.
I prefer PD James stuff myself.

Are the York Gents the group of sad men who sit around watching the X-
Files and Kate Bush videos or is that another group?

Nicholas Marten    EMail to: nick@tinbum.demon.co.uk