Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-16 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Chris Hansen's 2CD

From: Wieland Willker <willker@chemie.uni-bremen.de>
Date: Mon, 01 Apr 1996 10:24:39 -0100
Subject: Chris Hansen's 2CD
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

Chris @ Work Hansen wrote:
>I found a two CD set called something like 'This Women's Work', which
>contained four or five songs on each disc.  One of the covers showed KaTe
>and Miranda Richardson (QUEENIE!!) superimposed and the other was the
>black and white image with her leaning against a piano or something (same
>image on the Sony Music WebPage.

What Chris is very possibly writing about is:

=====================================
"The Red Shoes" 1994
Maxi-CD, UK, EMI 7243 8 813312 2 3
Part one of a two CD set
18'55

1. The Red Shoes 4'01
2. You want Alchemy  4'20
3. Cloudbusting 6'55
4. This Woman's Work 3'31

"The Red Shoes" 1994
Maxi-CD, UK, EMI 7243 8 81313 2 2
Part two of a two CD set
20'33

1. Shoedance
   (The Red Shoes Dance Mix) 10'06
2. The Big Sky 4'36
3. Running up that hill (12" version) 5'42
$5 is very good! Buy it!
You will get "You want Alchemy", one of the greatest songs Kate Bush (who
is God btw) has ever done. A masterpiece!

Best wishes
    Wieland

PS: Bryan wrote:
>If you wanted to just play an early demo song, I'd go for:
>Something Like a Song
>I think this is *most* excellent, but that's just my opinion!

No! That's not 'just your opinion'! And you should know better.
This song IS the greatest demo song! It is outstanding. There's no question
whatever of the truth of this judgement, which is unanimous, absolute and
irrevocable! This is now universally acknowledged.

And: KaTe Bush is the only thing in life worth wasting any thought on at
all. Everything else is just killing time. This is now universally
acknowledged, too.

I think, you're prepared now for my next mail: (fasten your seat-bells)