Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-16 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Depression/new: Heather Nova

From: Rolf.Peukert@Theoinf.TU-Ilmenau.DE (Rolf Peukert)
Date: Mon, 1 Apr 96 09:05:48 +0200
Subject: Re: Depression/new: Heather Nova
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

Hello,

Chris Hansen wrote:
> Now I am depressed...
> [...]
> These CDs were offered for less than 8 US$.

I thought I was lucky when I found the rare (yes, I also thought it was rare)
TWW-Box for DM 209 (~$140) just six months ago. But now a mailorder company is
selling them for DM 130 (~$89).

But also something positive happened on Saturday evening:
I switched on my TV and was surprised to see Heather Nova talking about the
time when her brother gave her a tape with "Wuthering Heights". She played
it over and over, and her mother got very annoyed, but Heather is a Kate fan
since then.
Then the (Rockflix') Wuthering Heights video was played.
The show I was watching was again "Geschmackssache" (A Matter Of Taste) on
Viva II, their artist-plays-his/her-favourite-videos thing.
Heather also played REM (Loosing My Religion), Neil Young (Piece Of Love),
The Pretenders, Scarce, Grant Lee Buffalo and her own new video for
"Truth And Bone".

I guess they rerun the show Wednesday night, but I don't have their schedule.

Re my Saturday posting:

> (for the experienced: find the Kate connection)
           ^^^^^^^^^^^this should have been: "for the advanced"

> Wieland is coming... look for Mandy.
and this should have been: "Rolf is coming... look for a dictionary!"
;-)

Re my Friday posting:

> Technically, Kate is the better singer (breathing technique!), while
> Tori is the better piano player.

This sounds too harsh. I must add that IMO the difference in their vocal
skills is much bigger. And I was never annoyed by Kate's piano playing
(as i am somtimes by Tori's breathing, i'm sure she could do better).

bye, Rolf

---
"sometimes I breathe you in" - Tori Amos (Hey Jupiter)
Don't worry, I can take care of myself.
But you better keep an eye on the microphone...