Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-15 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Kate "tour"

From: qualmi@ix.netcom.com (NightEyes)
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 1996 08:07:47 GMT
Subject: Re: Kate "tour"
To: love-hounds@uunet.uu.net
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

violet@slip.net wrote:

>Jonathan wrote:
>>
>>>From the Guinness Book of Rock Stars, under Kate Bush (aren't we all?), in a
>>paragraph outlining the "Tour of Life":
>>
>>"Exhausted by the experience, Bush will not tour again."
>>
>> So now we know.

>You know, I've always wondered why Kate doesn't put together a sort of
>pseudo-tour video.  She likes working with film.  She could film a
>selection of her songs in a studio on a stage, live, as she would do them
>on a tour (so they wouldn't come across as simply videos), using costumes
>and backing band and sets and props and all.  I would love it just as much
>as my tape of Live at Hammersmith Odeon, and she wouldn't get tired having
>to perform many shows in a row as with a real, full-fledged tour.  But the
>way she works, I'm sure something like this would take her as long as an
>album does.  I still think it's a good idea, though, and not unrealistic as
>far as the ability to actually implement it goes.  Maybe we could beg her
>to do this?

	I quite fancy this idea, Violet. Now for some group fun; what songs
should be played if it was a two hour typical concert set? And what
quality of film should the video be made with? I opt for a cheap
method of tape, like a hand held home camera to give it a real live
feel.

~ NightEyes

(***) Some things must be believed to be seen. (***)