Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-15 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Kate "tour"

From: Ronald.Girardin@Dartmouth.EDU (Ronald Girardin)
Date: 21 Mar 96 13:18:39 EST
Subject: Re: Kate "tour"
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

--- You wrote:
You know, I've always wondered why Kate doesn't put together a sort of
pseudo-tour video.  She likes working with film.  She could film a
selection of her songs in a studio on a stage, live, as she would do them
on a tour (so they wouldn't come across as simply videos), using costumes
and backing band and sets and props and all.  I would love it just as much
as my tape of Live at Hammersmith Odeon, and she wouldn't get tired having
to perform many shows in a row as with a real, full-fledged tour.  But the
way she works, I'm sure something like this would take her as long as an
album does.  I still think it's a good idea, though, and not unrealistic as
far as the ability to actually implement it goes.  Maybe we could beg her
to do this?
--- end of quoted material ---
No.

Kate's just a spoiled baby.  There's no reason why she can't tour just like
most
other artists.    Kate couldn't care less.   All she wants is to make an album
every 4-5 years.   Her career is more like a hobby to her.   She's rich and
comfortable and does what she wants to do.  That's it.   If you look at it
objectively, she's done little for her fans.   Pity.

She doesn't have to make a 15 month world tour,  but she can certainly make a
few
dates in London, Paris, New York, L.A., Tokyo and Sydney.   And from these 2
dozen
shows, a LIVE video can easily be made.  This could make up for her lack of
touring
in the past.

...I'm sorry....I'm in a bad mood today.   :-(

peace

ron