Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-14 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

RE: Q: Kate & Oscar Wilde

From: chrisw@miso.wwa.com (Chris Williams)
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 96 07:54:57 GMT
Subject: RE: Q: Kate & Oscar Wilde
To: love-hounds@gryphon.com
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

In article <314DBF97@msmailv0.telecom.com.au>,
JForward@sitgbsd1.telecom.com.au ("Forward, Jonathan") wrote:

>> Date: Sunday, 17 March 1996 5:48PM
>
> Michael wrote:
>
>> Doea anybody nows wether Kate's work (specially lyrics)
>> is influenced by Oscar Wilde ??
>
>This is all I could find, apart from the obvious reference Emmy
>already pointed out. From Andrew Marvick's "The Garden":
>
>     [The following is an interview with Kate Bush by Hot Press, one of
>the few British music publications which seldom shows up in the States.
>The interview was conducted by an anonymous male reporter for the
>magazine in November of 1985. Edited and annotated by Andrew Marvick.]

   She also took time in the unedited eMpTyVee interview to praise Wilde's
"fairy stories" and related the tale of "The Happy Prince". This was mentioned
by Peter Manchester (Peter? Come home!) several months
ago.

   This interview is without a doubt one of the best Kate interviews
ever. She started out somewhat indifferent, but by the time Wilde was
mentioned she was leaning forward in her chair deeply interested in the
conversation.

   Our copy is probably 8 to 10 generations from the original, and has
lost all color. If someone has a copy in color *please* write me. I'd
love to include this on the next "Love-Hounds Collection".

--
Chris Williams of
Chris'n'Vickie of Chicago