Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-14 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

RE: Q: Kate & Oscar Wilde

From: "Forward, Jonathan" <JForward@sitgbsd1.telecom.com.au>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 96 09:40:00 EST
Subject: RE: Q: Kate & Oscar Wilde
To: "rec.music.gaffa" <love-hounds@gryphon.com>
Encoding: 27 TEXT
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

 Michael wrote:

> Doea anybody nows wether Kate's work (specially lyrics)
> is influenced by Oscar Wilde ??

This is all I could find, apart from the obvious reference Emmy
already pointed out. From Andrew Marvick's "The Garden":

     [The following is an interview with Kate Bush by Hot Press, one of
the few British music publications which seldom shows up in the States.
The interview was conducted by an anonymous male reporter for the
magazine in November of 1985. Edited and annotated by Andrew Marvick.]

[snip - TSB]
     "Right, well it always affects me. Every book I've read has really
affected me. It's that special, you do create a relationship, really.
And that was such a huge story...Oscar Wilde was one of my earliest
influences--his fairy stories. I could still read one of them--
definitely--and cry. Terribly tragic stuff."

 TSB