Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-12 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Touched by All the Love

From: Ellen van Neck <100411.2450@compuserve.com>
Date: 08 Mar 96 01:23:02 EST
Subject: Touched by All the Love
To: Love-Hounds <Love-Hounds@gryphon.com>
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

Erika Putnins wrote:
> (on a related note, is anyone *really* touched by All the Love?  I thought
this was a > beautiful song... but I digress...).

I am emotionally touched by All the Love, every time again. I have experienced
something similar that Kate sings in her song.
The next time, I dedicate my life's work
To the friends I make.
I give them what they want to hear,
They thing I'm up to something weird
And up rears the head of fear in me
It happened when I was really starting to like Kate's music. I was playing Oh
England My Lionheart out loud at home (about 13 years ago?) when my parents came
in. They shouted to me to turn off this very very ugly music...
I was shocked very deeply, because this was the first sound of music I REALLY
liked (and still do).

When Kate sings: "So now when they ring, I get my machine to let them in." I
feel this as my own reaction to my parents behaviour, although I started to
listen to my Kate Bush tapes in private (through the headphones) instead of not
answering the phone...

Only now, since I started reading all of the postings in Love Hounds, I feel
much more confident that my choice of music is not silly at all (it's the best
music there is, isn't it ;-) ) and I more open than before telling other people
about this beautiful music.

And of course this is not what the some is *officially* about, but it is my
personal interpretation of it.

Ellen.