Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1996-12 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

The Dreaming

From: Ellen van Neck <100411.2450@compuserve.com>
Date: 08 Mar 96 01:22:47 EST
Subject: The Dreaming
To: Love-Hounds <Love-Hounds@gryphon.com>
Sender: owner-love-hounds@gryphon.com

Violet said:

> I used to have Kate dreams all the time, but I haven't had one for a while
> now.  The ones I remember most are these:
And then describes a few of hear dreams

I have been dreaming about Kate as well. But I remember /things/ better than the
/feelings/ and my dreams are much more "down to Earth" than Violet's. Maybe
because of my technical education, I *know* humans cannot fly in "flowered
dresses", so I think I skip that part in my dreams on beforehand.

What I have dreamt is about the location / house where Kate lives and works.
I don't know the exact reason, but I was invited at her house. When I finally
arrived after a long drive (through the Chunnel), I saw this beautiful house on
a nice piece of land just near the river. A few trees and a lot of grass.
Opposite the entrance (number 112 or 121, I can't remember) there is this big
house with 3 floors, and It was build in the 19th century style.
Just about 20 meters to the left of the house there was this garden house where
Kate had put a piano / keyboard and some recording machines in. In my dream she
could be there all day thinking about and making music. At that time she was not
very communicative, just what Violet wrote about her third dream.

The house itself was beautiful. From the outside it was white (not too white,
the paint was already quite a few years old) and had a black roof. On the
inside, It was nice and bright and lightly decorated downstairs, but quite dark
upstairs (maybe it was the attic). I was offered a cup of tea and a cookie and
everything that is needed for such a visit.
I would have liked to make some music with Kate, but my dream would not really
allow that.

I dreamt this dream for about 3 weeks (around New Year this year) and it was SO
real that I felt it had to be some kind of telepathy. After these three weeks
the dream stopped and whatever I try, this dream won't appear to me anymore.

Violet also said:
>...  I hope you didn't find this too boring.
> It is just something Kate-related that affected me deeply and bonded me to
> her even more.

No this is not boring at all. Maybe it's time for Love Hounds to consult a
person who can explain dreams (maybe there's a nice English word for that
profession). We then can find out much more about what we REALLY dream and maybe
about what REALLY attracts us to Kate's music. Anyone a clue?

Ellen.